We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Charlton is a settlement in Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Hitchin
- Parish/Community: North Hertfordshire, unparished area
- District/Borough: North Hertfordshire
- County: Hertfordshire
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°56'33"N 0°17'31"W
- Eastings/Northings: 517500, 228500
- OS Grid: TL175285
- Mapcode Local: GBR H61.4ZL
- Mapcode Global: VHGNR.WFHN
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Charlton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Charlton in the Domesday Book
A village in Hitchin hundred,
in the county of Hertfordshire.
- Overlord in 1066: Earl Harold
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Freemen, two
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1066; 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 cottagers
- Mills: 1, value 1/7¼