We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Capton is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Sampford Brett
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°8'50"N 3°18'34"W
- Eastings/Northings: 308500, 139500
- OS Grid: ST085395
- Mapcode Local: GBR LR.7WZW
- Mapcode Global: VH6GW.LF87
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Capton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Capton in the Domesday Book
A village in Williton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Harold
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 5/12 in 1070; £2 5/12 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Pasture: 20 acres
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle