We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Burston is a village in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Zeal Monachorum
- District/Borough: Mid Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°48'27"N 3°49'30"W
- Eastings/Northings: 271500, 102500
- OS Grid: SS715025
- Mapcode Local: GBR L1.YJSC
- Mapcode Global: FRA 26WY.TW5
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Burston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Burston in the Domesday Book
A village in North Tawton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Osfrith of Okehampton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Baldwin the sheriff
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Odelin (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 5 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 6 acres
- Animals in 1086: 5 cattle