We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Burpham is a suburban area in Guildford, Surrey
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Guildford
- Parish/Community: Guildford, unparished area
- District/Borough: Guildford
- County: Surrey
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°15'29"N 0°32'32"W
- Eastings/Northings: 501803, 151997
- OS Grid: TQ018519
- Mapcode Local: GBR GDQ.1P6
- Mapcode Global: VHFVG.KM2Y
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Burpham within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Burpham in the Domesday Book
A village in Woking hundred,
in the county of Surrey.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Osmund of Eaton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Godric (subinfeudated); Turold nephew of Wigot (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1066; £8 in 1070; £8 in 1086
- Households: 11 villagers; 5 smallholders; 5 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 1⁄2 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 25 acres
- Woodland: 83 swine render
- Mills: 1, value 15 shillings