We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Buckland is a suburban area in Newton Abbot, Devon
- Built-Up Area: Newton Abbot
- Parish/Community: Newton Abbot
- District/Borough: Teignbridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°31'51"N 3°34'58"W
- Eastings/Northings: 287904, 71323
- OS Grid: SX879713
- Mapcode Local: GBR QS.CWNG
- Mapcode Global: FRA 37CN.KY6
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Buckland within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Buckland in the Domesday Book
A village in Wonford hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William the goat
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Robert (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 6 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 3 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1 acre
- Pasture: 25 acres
- Animals in 1086: 25 goats