We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bretby is a village in Derbyshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Bretby
- District/Borough: South Derbyshire
- County: Derbyshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°48'22"N 1°33'41"W
- Eastings/Northings: 429659, 323281
- OS Grid: SK296232
- Mapcode Local: GBR 5DZ.21D
- Mapcode Global: WHCG6.ZQLH
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bretby within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bretby in the Domesday Book
A village in Walecros hundred,
in the county of Derbyshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 7 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1066; £5 in 1086
- Households: 19 villagers; 1 smallholder
- Plough Teams: 1 1⁄2 lord's ploughs; 5 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 12 acres
- Woodland: 2 mixed measures