We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bratton is a hamlet in Somerset
- Parish/Community: Minehead Without
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°12'15"N 3°30'32"W
- Eastings/Northings: 294674, 146095
- OS Grid: SS946460
- Mapcode Local: GBR LH.4DVC
- Mapcode Global: VH5JY.4Z8N
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bratton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bratton in the Domesday Book
A village in Carhampton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Aelfric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Mohun
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1070; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 4 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Pasture: 100 acres
- Animals in 1086: 12 cattle; 60 goats