We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bradney is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Bawdrip
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°8'44"N 2°57'20"W
- Eastings/Northings: 333236, 138925
- OS Grid: ST332389
- Mapcode Local: GBR M7.82Z4
- Mapcode Global: VH7DJ.QG7K
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bradney within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bradney in the Domesday Book
A village in North Petherton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alnoth the reeve
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Walter of Douai
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Rainward (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 5 smallholders; 1 cottager; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (1 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 25 acres