We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Boythorpe is a suburban area in Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Chesterfield
- Parish/Community: Chesterfield, unparished area
- District/Borough: Chesterfield
- County: Derbyshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°13'44"N 1°26'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 437426, 370381
- OS Grid: SK374703
- Mapcode Local: GBR 697.GKF
- Mapcode Global: WHDFG.V329
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Boythorpe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Boythorpe in the Domesday Book
A village in Scarsdale hundred,
in the county of Derbyshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: King Edward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 6 1⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £6 in 1066; £10 in 1086
- Households: 16 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 4 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 3 leagues