We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bowithick is a hamlet in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Altarnun
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°37'0"N 4°34'15"W
- Eastings/Northings: 218218, 82832
- OS Grid: SX182828
- Mapcode Local: GBR N9.BFPD
- Mapcode Global: FRA 179F.R25
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bowithick within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bowithick in the Domesday Book
A village in Stratton hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Osfrith of Okehampton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Osfrith of Okehampton (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 0 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1070; 2 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 2 smallholders