We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bishton is a hamlet in Staffordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Colwich
- District/Borough: Stafford
- County: Staffordshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°47'1"N 1°58'14"W
- Eastings/Northings: 402068, 320688
- OS Grid: SK020206
- Mapcode Local: GBR 39Z.DKZ
- Mapcode Global: WHBF2.P9Q6
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bishton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bishton in the Domesday Book
A village in Pirehill hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Ernwy
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Almer
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Almer
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 2 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (1 plough land)
- Meadow: 3 acres