We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bickham is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Timberscombe
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°9'47"N 3°29'45"W
- Eastings/Northings: 295500, 141500
- OS Grid: SS955415
- Mapcode Local: GBR LH.6XXB
- Mapcode Global: VH5KB.C174
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bickham within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bickham in the Domesday Book
A village in Carhampton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thanes, two
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Mohun
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 6 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 6 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Pasture: 40 acres