We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bendish is a hamlet in Hertfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: St Paul's Walden
- District/Borough: North Hertfordshire
- County: Hertfordshire
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°52'51"N 0°18'28"W
- Eastings/Northings: 516575, 221639
- OS Grid: TL165216
- Mapcode Local: GBR H6T.104
- Mapcode Global: VHGNY.MZ4B
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bendish within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bendish in the Domesday Book
A village in Hitchin hundred,
in the county of Hertfordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of St Albans
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of St Alban's
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: 4 villagers (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; £2 10/- in 1070; £2 10/- in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 2 cottagers
- Meadow: 1⁄2 plough