We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Batson is a settlement in Devon
Other current and historical names
- The Beggars Opera
- Parish/Community: Salcombe
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°14'30"N 3°46'31"W
- Eastings/Northings: 273500, 39500
- OS Grid: SX735395
- Mapcode Local: GBR QH.F7VT
- Mapcode Global: FRA 28ZD.312
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Batson within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Batson in the Domesday Book
A village in Diptford hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hugh of Vautortes (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 15/- in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 3 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Pasture: 50 acres
- Animals in 1086: 6 pigs; 6 goats