We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bassingfield is a hamlet in Nottinghamshire
Other current and historical names
- Holme Lane
- Parish/Community: Holme Pierrepont
- District/Borough: Rushcliffe
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°55'52"N 1°4'17"W
- Eastings/Northings: 462500, 337500
- OS Grid: SK625375
- Mapcode Local: GBR 9KC.CVH
- Mapcode Global: WHFJ4.HLX5
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bassingfield within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bassingfield in the Domesday Book
A village in Rushcliffe hundred,
in the county of Nottinghamshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thorth
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Bully
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Bully
- Taxable Value: 1 3⁄8 geld
- Households: 8 freemen
- Plough Teams: 3 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 15 acres
Meadow: 5 acres
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Countess Gytha of Hereford
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William Peverel
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William Peverel
- Taxable Value: 5⁄8 geld
- Households: 2 smallholders; 2 freemen
- Plough Teams: 1 men's plough (1 plough land)