We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bagshot is a hamlet in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Shalbourne
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°23'7"N 1°32'43"W
- Eastings/Northings: 431737, 165262
- OS Grid: SU317652
- Mapcode Local: GBR 70K.04T
- Mapcode Global: VHC1Z.5FDQ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bagshot within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bagshot in the Domesday Book
A village in Kintbury hundred,
in the county of Berkshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godric the sheriff
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Henry of Ferrers
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Henry of Ferrers
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1066; £2 in 1086
- Households: 9 villagers; 10 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 4 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Mills: 1, value 11 shillings