We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Aston is a hamlet in Derbyshire
- Parish/Community: Sudbury
- District/Borough: Derbyshire Dales
- County: Derbyshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°53'4"N 1°45'13"W
- Eastings/Northings: 416667, 331920
- OS Grid: SK166319
- Mapcode Local: GBR 4BF.1G1
- Mapcode Global: WHCFR.1R4J
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Aston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Aston in the Domesday Book
A village in Appletree hundred,
in the county of Derbyshire.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Woman, one; Leofnoth Sterre
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Henry of Ferrers
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Alchere of Aston (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 1⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1066; £2 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 4 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 24 acres
- Woodland: 1⁄2 league