We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Ashmansworthy is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Woolfardisworthy
- District/Borough: Torridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°56'14"N 4°21'53"W
- Eastings/Northings: 233941, 117997
- OS Grid: SS339179
- Mapcode Local: GBR KB.P62G
- Mapcode Global: FRA 16RM.MC4
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Ashmansworthy within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Ashmansworthy in the Domesday Book
A village in Hartland hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictmer of Rillaton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Baldwin the sheriff
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Gilbert (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 4 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 60 acres
- Pasture: 1 league
- Animals in 1086: 25 cattle; 1 wild mare