We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Arksey is a village in Bentley, Doncaster
Other current and historical names
- Bentley With Arksey
- Built-Up Area: Bentley
- Parish/Community: Doncaster, unparished area
- Unitary Authority: Doncaster
- Region: Yorkshire and The Humber
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°33'18"N 1°7'37"W
- Eastings/Northings: 457932, 406854
- OS Grid: SE579068
- Mapcode Local: GBR NWKB.T9
- Mapcode Global: WHDCW.NWKY
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Arksey within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Arksey in the Domesday Book
A village in Osgodcross hundred,
in the county of Yorkshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Bully
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Bully
- Taxable Value: 2 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; £1 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 6 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough; 5 1⁄2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 7 furlongs