We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Alstone is a village in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Burnham-on-Sea
- Parish/Community: Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°12'59"N 2°58'58"W
- Eastings/Northings: 331441, 146821
- OS Grid: ST314468
- Mapcode Local: GBR M6.3N2G
- Mapcode Global: VH7D4.7PV9
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Alstone within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Alstone in the Domesday Book
A village in Huntspill hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alwold
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Walter of Douai
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Rademar (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 4 smallholders; 3 cottagers; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Pasture: 40 acres
- Animals in 1086: 10 cattle; 19 pigs