We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Almington is a hamlet in Staffordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Loggerheads
- District/Borough: Newcastle-under-Lyme
- County: Staffordshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°54'31"N 2°26'40"W
- Eastings/Northings: 370192, 334680
- OS Grid: SJ701346
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7X.NSSN
- Mapcode Global: WH9C4.F43Y
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Almington within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Almington in the Domesday Book
A village in Pirehill hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godwin
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William Pandolf (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 4 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Woodland: 2 leagues