We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Allerford is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Selworthy
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°12'39"N 3°34'7"W
- Eastings/Northings: 290511, 146911
- OS Grid: SS905469
- Mapcode Local: GBR LD.3XB6
- Mapcode Global: VH5JX.3T4L
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Allerford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Allerford in the Domesday Book
A village in Carhampton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Ralph of Limésy
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ralph of Limésy
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 1 men's plough (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Woodland: 1 acre
- Pasture: 20 acres
- Mills: 1, value 1/2½
- Animals in 1086: 1 pig; 1 cob