We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Aller is a hamlet in Devon
- Parish/Community: Kingskerswell
- District/Borough: Teignbridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°30'19"N 3°35'16"W
- Eastings/Northings: 287500, 68500
- OS Grid: SX875685
- Mapcode Local: GBR QS.FMVB
- Mapcode Global: FRA 37CQ.J2W
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Aller within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Aller in the Domesday Book
A village in Kerswell hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edmer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Nicholas the bowman
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Nicholas the bowman
- Taxable Value: 1⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 5 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄4 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 3 acres
- Pasture: 30 acres
- Animals in 1086: 10 cattle; 24 goats