We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Alkington is a hamlet in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Whitchurch Rural
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°56'57"N 2°41'57"W
- Eastings/Northings: 353111, 339320
- OS Grid: SJ531393
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7K.LBTH
- Mapcode Global: WH89P.H4TD
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Alkington within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Alkington in the Domesday Book
A village in Hodnet hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Almer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William Pandolf
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William Pandolf
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 3/- in 1066; £4 3/- in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 1 smallholder; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (5 plough lands)
- Woodland: 100 pigs