We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Algarkirk is a village in Lincolnshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Algarkirk
- District/Borough: Boston
- County: Lincolnshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°53'58"N 0°4'47"W
- Eastings/Northings: 529250, 335291
- OS Grid: TF292352
- Mapcode Local: GBR JXC.BLR
- Mapcode Global: WHHM2.RD40
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Algarkirk within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Algarkirk in the Domesday Book
A village in Kirton hundred,
in the county of Lincolnshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Ralph the constable
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count Alan
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Count Alan
- Taxable Value: 10 5⁄8 geld
- Households: 42 freemen
- Plough Teams: 6 men's ploughs (9 plough lands)
- Meadow: 5 acres
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of Crowland St Guthlac
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Crowland
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Kolgrim of Grantham (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄2 geld