We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Aldon is a hamlet in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Craven Arms
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°24'42"N 2°49'49"W
- Eastings/Northings: 343618, 279627
- OS Grid: SO436796
- Mapcode Local: GBR BF.P1W9
- Mapcode Global: VH76D.WNK1
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Aldon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Aldon in the Domesday Book
A village in Culvestan hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Siward the fat
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Lacy
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Lacy; 1 priest (subinfeudated); Aldred brother of Siward (subinfeudated); Richard of Stanton (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 5/- in 1066; £9 1/- in 1086
- Households: 36 villagers; 9 smallholders; 7 slaves; 4 female slaves; 1 priest; 2 Cottagers
- Plough Teams: 4 lord's ploughs; 11 men's ploughs (15 plough lands)
- Churches: 1
- Mills: 1, value 5 shillings