We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Alcaston is a hamlet in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Acton Scott
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°28'46"N 2°48'4"W
- Eastings/Northings: 345678, 287154
- OS Grid: SO456871
- Mapcode Local: GBR BG.JWKD
- Mapcode Global: VH761.DYF0
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Alcaston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Alcaston in the Domesday Book
A village in Leintwardine hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edric the wild
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Helgot of Holdgate
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Helgot of Holdgate
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; 8 shillings in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (4 plough lands)