We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Adsborough is a village in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Creech St. Michael
- District/Borough: Taunton Deane
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°3'25"N 3°1'56"W
- Eastings/Northings: 327747, 129148
- OS Grid: ST277291
- Mapcode Local: GBR M4.FML5
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46JB.BGG
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Adsborough within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Adsborough in the Domesday Book
A village in North Petherton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thanes, six
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Mohun
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hugh (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 12 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3 1⁄2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Woodland: 2 acres
- Pasture: 100 acres
- Animals in 1086: 3 cattle; 1 pig