We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Acton is a village in Dorset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Worth Matravers
- District/Borough: Purbeck
- County: Dorset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°36'22"N 2°1'21"W
- Eastings/Northings: 398500, 78500
- OS Grid: SY985785
- Mapcode Local: GBR 33W.ZDB
- Mapcode Global: FRA 67NG.MVF
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Acton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Acton in the Domesday Book
A village in Ailwood hundred,
in the county of Dorset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alward Colling
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Hugh son of Grip's wife Hawise
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hugh son of Grip's wife Hawise
- Taxable Value: 2 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 1 smallholder; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 2 furlongs
- Mills: 1, value 12/4¾
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle