White Ox Mead, Bath and North East Somerset
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
White Ox Mead is a hamlet in Bath and North East Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Wellow
- Unitary Authority: Bath and North East Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°19'24"N 2°24'21"W
- Eastings/Northings: 371806, 158330
- OS Grid: ST718583
- Mapcode Local: GBR JZ.WX35
- Mapcode Global: VH96S.7ZXV
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of White Ox Mead within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
White Ox Mead in the Domesday Book
A village in Wellow hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thanes, two
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Courseulles
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Robert Gernon (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £3 in 1086
- Households: 6 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 30 acres
- Animals in 1086: 12 pigs; 1 cob