We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Whiddon is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Higher Muddiford
- Parish/Community: Marwood
- District/Borough: North Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°7'42"N 4°4'20"W
- Eastings/Northings: 255084, 138621
- OS Grid: SS550386
- Mapcode Local: GBR KQ.925F
- Mapcode Global: VH4MK.CWGS
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Whiddon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Whiddon in the Domesday Book
A village in Braunton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Northmann
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Odo son of Gamalin
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ralph (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 1 smallholder; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1⁄2 acre
- Woodland: 5 acres
- Pasture: 40 acres
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle; 8 pigs; 3 goats