We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Wepham is a settlement in West Sussex
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Burpham
- District/Borough: Arun
- County: West Sussex
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°51'59"N 0°30'58"W
- Eastings/Northings: 504500, 108500
- OS Grid: TQ045085
- Mapcode Local: GBR GKD.N7Q
- Mapcode Global: FRA 96TT.0NR
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Wepham within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Wepham in the Domesday Book
A village in Risberg hundred,
in the county of Sussex.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Free men, two
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Picot of Sai (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1066; £9 in 1070; £10 in 1086
- Households: 18 villagers; 9 cottagers
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 3 swine render
- Mills: 1, value 2/4¾
- Other resources: 2 fisheries