Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Uffcott is a hamlet in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Broad Hinton
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°29'51"N 1°49'10"W
- Eastings/Northings: 412618, 177644
- OS Grid: SU126776
- Mapcode Local: GBR 4W5.2RB
- Mapcode Global: VHB3S.DMW9
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Uffcott within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Uffcott in the Domesday Book
A village in Selkley hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfric the hunter's father
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Wulfric the hunter
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Wulfric the hunter
- Taxable Value: 3 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1086
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Almer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Durand of Gloucester
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (1 plough land)