We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Thornicombe is a hamlet in Dorset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Charlton Marshall
- District/Borough: North Dorset
- County: Dorset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°49'37"N 2°11'14"W
- Eastings/Northings: 386900, 103082
- OS Grid: ST869030
- Mapcode Local: GBR 1ZT.5SH
- Mapcode Global: FRA 669X.9N6
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Thornicombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Thornicombe in the Domesday Book
A village in Combsditch hundred,
in the county of Dorset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alward Colling
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Alward Colling
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Alward Colling
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1086
- Households: 4 smallholders; 1 slave