We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Templecombe is a village in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Templecombe
- Parish/Community: Abbas and Templecombe
- District/Borough: South Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°0'6"N 2°24'56"W
- Eastings/Northings: 370930, 122564
- OS Grid: ST709225
- Mapcode Local: GBR MZ.K1T5
- Mapcode Global: FRA 56TG.JQZ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Templecombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Templecombe in the Domesday Book
A village in Horethorne hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Earl Leofwin; Alward the noble
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop Odo of Bayeux
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Bishop Odo of Bayeux; Samson the chaplain (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 8 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £10 13/- in 1070; £10 13/- in 1086
- Households: 10 villagers; 6 smallholders; 7 slaves
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (8 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 40 acres
- Woodland: 60 acres
- Pasture: 40 acres
- Animals in 1086: 6 cattle; 20 pigs; 25 goats; 2 cobs