We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Spriddlestone is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Brixton
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°20'48"N 4°3'57"W
- Eastings/Northings: 253099, 51680
- OS Grid: SX530516
- Mapcode Local: GBR NZ.WKG0
- Mapcode Global: FRA 28C3.XDP
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Spriddlestone within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Spriddlestone in the Domesday Book
A village in Plympton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thanes, four
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Reginald of Vautortes (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 3 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1 acre
- Pasture: 10 acres