We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Sorley is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Churchstow
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°18'21"N 3°47'14"W
- Eastings/Northings: 272812, 46633
- OS Grid: SX728466
- Mapcode Local: GBR QG.3BR7
- Mapcode Global: FRA 28Y7.49Q
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Sorley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Sorley in the Domesday Book
A village in Diptford hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Iudhael of Totnes
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Fulco of Portlemouth (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 4 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1 acre
- Animals in 1086: 18 cattle; 12 pigs