We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Somerley is a village in Birdham, West Sussex
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Birdham
- Parish/Community: Earnley
- District/Borough: Chichester
- County: West Sussex
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°46'42"N 0°50'36"W
- Eastings/Northings: 481632, 98302
- OS Grid: SZ816983
- Mapcode Local: GBR CG4.3K1
- Mapcode Global: FRA 9731.55Y
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Somerley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Somerley in the Domesday Book
A village in Wittering hundred,
in the county of Sussex.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Helghi of Worth
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Reginald the sheriff (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; 15 shillings in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 3 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (1 plough land)