We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Smockington is a hamlet in Leicestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Burbage
- District/Borough: Hinckley and Bosworth
- County: Leicestershire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°30'15"N 1°19'56"W
- Eastings/Northings: 445409, 289793
- OS Grid: SP454897
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7MD.ZYK
- Mapcode Global: VHCT3.VBF3
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Smockington within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Smockington in the Domesday Book
A village in Guthlaxton hundred,
in the county of Leicestershire.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Henry of Ferrers
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Wazelin of Harbury (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 2 shillings in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres