We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Sigford is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Ilsington
- District/Borough: Teignbridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°33'7"N 3°43'39"W
- Eastings/Northings: 277710, 73910
- OS Grid: SX777739
- Mapcode Local: GBR QK.5N2G
- Mapcode Global: FRA 372L.X6V
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Sigford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Sigford in the Domesday Book
A village in Teignbridge hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roald Dubbed
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Solomon (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 3 shillings in 1070; 5 shillings in 1086
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough (1 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 6 acres
- Pasture: 8 acres
- Animals in 1086: 1 cow; 10 goats