We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Shorncote is a hamlet in Gloucestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Somerford Keynes
- District/Borough: Cotswold
- County: Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°40'10"N 1°57'53"W
- Eastings/Northings: 402528, 196773
- OS Grid: SU025967
- Mapcode Local: GBR 3RJ.81J
- Mapcode Global: VHB2X.W9MC
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Shorncote within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Shorncote in the Domesday Book
A village in Crickland hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Humphrey the chamberlain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Humphrey the chamberlain
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £3 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 50 acres
- Pasture: 2 furlongs