We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Shearston is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: North Petherton
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°4'17"N 3°1'38"W
- Eastings/Northings: 328114, 130753
- OS Grid: ST281307
- Mapcode Local: GBR M4.DW91
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46K9.0DL
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Shearston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Shearston in the Domesday Book
A village in North Petherton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Sired
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Courseulles
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Robert Herecom (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 5 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (1 plough land)
- Animals in 1086: 6 cattle; 7 pigs