Romaldkirk, County Durham
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Romaldkirk is a village in County Durham
- Parish/Community: Romaldkirk
- Unitary Authority: County Durham
- Region: North East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 54°35'36"N 2°0'36"W
- Eastings/Northings: 399438, 522045
- OS Grid: NY994220
- Mapcode Local: GBR GHDB.L3
- Mapcode Global: WHB45.3S0V
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Romaldkirk within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Romaldkirk in the Domesday Book
A village in Land of Count Alan hundred,
in the county of Yorkshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thorfin of Ravensworth
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count Alan
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Bodin brother of Bardulf (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1066