We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Rodhuish is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Withycombe
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°8'53"N 3°24'53"W
- Eastings/Northings: 301141, 139714
- OS Grid: ST011397
- Mapcode Local: GBR LM.7SVS
- Mapcode Global: VH6GT.RDMQ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Rodhuish within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Rodhuish in the Domesday Book
A village in Carhampton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alwy son of Banna
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Alfred of 'Spain'
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hugh of 'Spain' (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 2 shillings in 1070; 6 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 smallholder
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (1 plough land)
- Meadow: 1 acre
- Pasture: 12 acres