We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Other current and historical names
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Renfrew within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Renfrew, parl., royal, and police burgh, par., and co. town of Renfrewshire, on S. bank of river Clyde, 3 miles NE. of Paisley and 5 W. of Glasgow by rail - par., 4311 ac., pop. 7439; royal burgh, pop. 5115; parl. and police burgh, pop. 5503; town, pop. 4855; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Renfrew was made a royal burgh in 1396, and in 1404 gave the title of baron to the heir-apparent of the Scottish throne, a title which is still borne by the Prince of Wales. Shipbuilding and weaving are the chief industries. Renfrew is one of the Kilmarnock Burghs, which return 1 member; its parliamentary limits were extended in 1885.