We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Other current and historical names
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Pwllheli within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Pwllheli, par. and mun. bor., seaport, and market town with ry. sta., Carnarvonshire, in S. of co., on N. side of Cardigan Bay, 21 miles SW. of Carnarvon and 251 NW. of London, 1017 ac., pop. 3242; P.O., T.O., 3 Banks. Market-days, Wednesday and Saturday. Pwllheli consists of the whole of Denio par., with parts of the pars. of Abererch and Llannor. It is an ancient town, and received its charter of incorporation from the Black Prince, the charter being confirmed in 1422 by Henry VI. From its attractive situation and the magnificence of its surrounding scenery, as well as the splendid views of the full extent of Snowdon to be obtained here, Pwllheli offers great and varied attractions as a place of tourist resort. It has risen into repute as a watering-place. The port is a sub-port to Beaumaris; the harbour has accommodation for vessels of 60 tons, and a good coasting trade is carried on, besides considerable inland trade. Lobster and oyster fisheries are briskly prosecuted. There are, besides the markets, several important cattle fairs. Pwllheli forms one of the Carnarvon District of Parliamentary Boroughs, which returns 1 member.