We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Putnoe is a suburban area in Bedford, Bedford
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Bedford
- Parish/Community: Bedford, unparished area
- Unitary Authority: Bedford
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°9'5"N 0°26'58"W
- Eastings/Northings: 506173, 251481
- OS Grid: TL061514
- Mapcode Local: GBR G20.14W
- Mapcode Global: VHFQ8.5652
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Putnoe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Putnoe in the Domesday Book
A village in Buckelowe hundred,
in the county of Bedfordshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Eskil of Ware
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Hugh of Beauchamp
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hugh of Beauchamp
- Taxable Value: 4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; £2 in 1070; £4 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 4 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 3 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Woodland: 100 pigs
- Mills: 1, value £1 10/-