We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Postlip is a settlement in Gloucestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Winchcombe
- District/Borough: Tewkesbury
- County: Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°56'34"N 1°59'9"W
- Eastings/Northings: 401069, 227159
- OS Grid: SP010271
- Mapcode Local: GBR 2LW.2RW
- Mapcode Global: VHB1K.JFJD
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Postlip within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Postlip in the Domesday Book
A village in Greston hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Ansfrid of Cormeilles
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ansfrid of Cormeilles
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1066; £4 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 5 smallholders; 11 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs
- Woodland: 1 league
- Mills: 2, value 15 shillings