We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Polyphant is a village in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Lewannick
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°36'42"N 4°27'27"W
- Eastings/Northings: 226223, 82005
- OS Grid: SX262820
- Mapcode Local: GBR NG.BSYV
- Mapcode Global: FRA 17KG.17J
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Polyphant within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Polyphant in the Domesday Book
A village in Rillaton hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Nigel of Worthyvale (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 6 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Woodland: 1 acre
- Pasture: 10 acres
- Animals in 1086: 7 cattle