We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Plainsfield is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Over Stowey
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°7'21"N 3°9'2"W
- Eastings/Northings: 319559, 136566
- OS Grid: ST195365
- Mapcode Local: GBR LZ.9FLG
- Mapcode Global: VH6H5.B1NN
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Plainsfield within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Plainsfield in the Domesday Book
A village in Cannington hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edred
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Alfred of 'Spain'
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hugh of 'Spain' (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 smallholders; 1 slave
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Woodland: 15 acres